Skip to main content

Chihuahua Mishkin Telling the Story- How I Got Weight and How I Lost 350 Grams

Hey, its me Mishkin- Paw traveller, chihuahua, beloved pet, adventurer!

I'm still struggling with my weight, but it is going better as days are passing by.

Mishkin- Paw traveller
I had 3200 grams and today, after six months I have 2850 grams. I am happy and exciting about that and feel much better.

But, you wonder, how all begun?

I've been eating too much since I was in my early age. What to do, I am gluttonous, and my owners always wanted their little one to eat something that looks like a good portion of food.


I am not angry with them and to be honest, I enjoyed as an emperor!

I can say that I was also lazy a bit, and I didn't really exercise much...
I always thought that a good nap is more desirable than running or walking.

Dog siesta
It was really hard to find a good balance between that I like to pig out and how to burn those calories.

Two-legged were real emperors in every way and they also allowed me to eat from their plate, which it turns out later, was not good because human food have too many calories and fat.
But, AV, it's delicious for a medal!

Most of all I loved days when other two-legged come in pack and pay us a visit, so I jump joyfully around while they indulge in my charming doggy eyes. Awww, those were days!
A real feast, a ham here, cheese there, and some snacks fall down, peanuts and salty sticks...

Mostly, all of above was enough to put me overweight.

And than they started telling me that I need to loose weight because it's not good for my health to be cute fat doggy. Sound as a joke, I needed to walk more and take care of my diet.

Slow feeding bowl
They also bought some awful bowl- a plate just for me.
At first I was excited and thrilled because Antigona (my chihuahua fellow) didn't got a gift.
The gift was just for me- mine and only mineee!

But, enthusiasm quickly subsided. They serve me food in this bowl but I can't suck the food for three seconds as it was before and immediatelly look for more food using my charming doggy staring look, but I eat slowly and it lasts.

When I ate mine portion of food I used to go to check how Antigona is doing, than I push her away with my head and suck all the food that left in her bowl.
She always played Miss Universe and nibbled slowly fearing not to accidentally grease her moustache.

My dear fat, furry comrades, I suppose that the story is, more or less, similar to all of us. Here's what else besides the bowl you need to apply to get yourself in top shape.

1. Avoid snacks. It's not necessary to cut off amount of food dramatically if there is a change in quolity. Well, for example, I eat slice of apple or carrot and it is doing good for my health.

Mishkin walks- Paw traveller
2. Add some vegetables to your meals. This is really great way to make amount of food less caloric.

3. Gradually increase activities. It's not for expectation that a pet dog suddenly goes outside twice a day for a long walks.
My dear dogs, that is unreal!
Add a few more minutes each week to the routine you are used to, and it will be enough for the beginning.

I hope I helped you a little and gave you the necessary will to try to lose weight. My goal is 2600 grams and I know I will reach it in the next few months.

On safe paws I go forward looking for new adventures and a long and healthy life. 

Follow Paw traveller on Instagram as well.                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Paw the Traveller

Paw traveller Welcome to Paw the traveller blog - a blog for all animal lovers and people who love nature and travel. The idea was born out of my love for dogs and travel, and the difficulties we faced when we wanted to go somewhere together. I invite you to join us on our journey through life by reading posts about the unbreakable bond and friendship between human and dog and the places we have visited. Follow Paw traveller on  Instagram  as well.

8 affordable accommodations on your favorite destinations in Greece

Paw traveller Planning a holiday on your own can be a hassle for someone and a challenge and joy for someone else.  We have been traveling for years by finding accommodation on our own , asking questions directly to the accommodation providers and negotiating prices. Long time ago we choose this method primarily to find exactly what we needed, and also because of the fact that the Paw traveller group is made up of two four-legged travellers, which we do not always but often take with us on holidays. If you are also taking your furry friend with you, read the post  Responsible Guest- May your DOG recommend you? In this search for the perfect accommodation that will satisfy specific taste of your hairy companion, the   Pet friendly map of Greece  may also be helpful. In this post we present you affordable accommodations with links where we stayed and were satisfied with the price/quality ratio. Pictures and descriptions of accommodations on their sites that you can see

From the first PAW- Dog travel tips

Chihuahuas, Antigona and Mishkin advise you from the first paw experience about nutrition and care while travelling. Hey, here we are again! We just wanted to bark a little about things you need to take care about when you are travelling with your dog . Mishkin- Paw traveller Our two-legged friends are full members of our family as we are, so we allow them to accompany us on trips, whether it is just for a weekend or longer vacations. So why not travel with your dog too? What matters to you- two-legged, when deciding to this step is to ensure that your dog feel comfortable while travelling . So that's why two of us have some helpful tips on nutrition and care of your best friends while on the road.  Agios Andreas- Peloponnese- Paw traveller We, four-legged are sensitive and can show unusual behavior while travelling as any change can be stressful for us. For example, the two of us behave completely different when travelling somewhere. Mishkin fell asleep as s